#DisfrutaTuHogar Party Promotion Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C. ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. ELIGIBILITY: THE #DISFRUTATUHOGAR PARTY PROMOTION (“PROMOTION”) IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”), 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF DATE OF ENTRY. Employees, officers and directors of S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion or production agencies, Web masters/suppliers (and their IRS dependents, immediate family members [spouse, parents, children, siblings] and individuals residing in their same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to participate. By participating, entrants (and entrant’s parent/legal guardian if entrant is a minor) agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or its independent judging agency which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins at 8:00:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on April 8, 2013 and ends at 9:00:00 PM EDT (5:00 PM PST to 6:00 PM PST) of the same day (April 8, 2013) (“Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion. The Promotion Period will be divided into five (5) entry periods (each an “Entry Period”) as set forth in more detail below:
|Entry Period||Start Time (on or about)||End Time (on or about)||Drawing Time (on or about)|
|1||8:00:00 PM EDT||8:09:59 PM EDT||8:10 PM EDT|
|2||8:10:00 PM EDT||8:19:59 PM EDT||8:20 PM EDT|
|3||8:20:00 PM EDT||8:29:59 PM EDT||8:30 PM EDT|
|4||8:30:00 PM EDT||8:39:59 PM EDT||8:40 PM EDT|
|5||8:40:00 PM EDT||8:59:59 PM EDT||9:00 PM EDT|
3. TO ENTER: During any Entry Period, visit [insert website] and follow the instructions to RSVP for the Promotion, and follow [insert hashtag] on Twitter. Then, during the Entry Period, follow the conversation on Twitter via the hashtag (#DisfrutaTuHogar), and actively participate in the conversation. During a given Entry Period, Sponsor will ask one (1) question that will be tied to a specific prize for the given Entry Period as indicated by Sponsor during the conversation. Entrants must correctly answer the question in order to receive one (1) Entry (defined below) for the corresponding Entry Period. Non-winning Entries will not roll into subsequent Entry Period drawings. Each response must include the hashtags #DisfrutaTuHogar and #Sweeps in order to be eligible (an “Entry”). Each Entry must be no more than one hundred and forty (140) characters in length. Entries must be received during the Promotion Period and prior to the applicable drawing during the Promotion Period to be eligible. Limit one (1) entry per person per Entry Period.
To sign up for a free Twitter account, follow the onscreen instructions to register for a free Twitter account at http://twitter.com. You must be an active holder of a non-private Twitter account; must be a follower of @LatinaMomBlogs; and must follow campaign hashtag (#DisfrutaTuHogar) to be eligible to enter this Promotion. To become a follower of Latina Mom Bloggers visit http://twitter.com/latinamomblogs. To follow the conversation via campaign hashtag (#DisfrutaTuHogar) on Twitter, visit https://twitter.com/search?q=%23disfrutatuhogar&src=typd (“Website”). If you post updates to or receive updates from twitter.com via SMS from your wireless phone, your wireless-service provider may charge you for each text message you send and receive. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans.
Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account from which the Entry is submitted at the time of entry. Potential winners may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Twitter account associated with the winning Entry and/or an eligible participant. Participants may not register/enter with multiple email addresses nor may participants use any other device or artifice to register/enter under multiple identities. Any participant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses under multiple identities will be disqualified and forfeits any prize won, in Sponsor’s discretion.
4. ENTRY GUIDELINES: Tweet must contain the #DisfrutaTuHogar and #Sweeps hashtags to be valid. Entries must be original; may not have won previous awards; may not have been previously published; may not be obscene or indecent; cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, profane or pornographic, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any political agenda or message; cannot be offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products or services, or other people, products or companies; cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; may not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity; may not in any other way violate any applicable federal, state or local laws or regulations or the Twitter.com Terms of Service; may not contain any reference to any third party trademarks, names or third party logos or any copyrighted components; and cannot contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses. Entries not in compliance with the Tweet Guidelines may be disqualified.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such Entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without any additional notification, permission, or consideration to the entrant.
ENTRIES POSTED TO THE WEBSITE ARE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to participants.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, that Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. Any other attempted form of Entry is void.
5. RANDOM DRAWING: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries to be held during the Promotion Period or soon thereafter by an independent judging organization, whose decisions shall be final in all matters relating to this Promotion.
6. PRIZE DETAILS/ODDS:
Entry Period 1 Prize: a $25 Visa® Gift Card.
Entry Period 2 Prize: $50 Visa® Gift Card and one gift basket containing home cleaning products. Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $90.
Entry Period 3 Prize: $50 Visa® Gift Card and one gift basket containing home cleaning products. Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $90.
Entry Period 4 Prize: $50 Visa® Gift Card and one gift basket containing home cleaning products. Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $90.
Entry Period 5 Prize: $100 Visa® Gift Card and one gift basket containing home cleaning products. Approximate retail value (“ARV”): $140.
Gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions set by issuer. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prize permitted. However, Sponsor reserves right to substitute prize with prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize becomes unavailable. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the corresponding Entry Period. Total ARV of all prizes awarded is $435.00. Limit one (1) prize per person/address/household.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participants (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) that Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are released, will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by participants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to person(s), including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Promotion or any Promotion-related activities and (b) except where legally prohibited, winner grants (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) permission to Sponsor and those acting under its authority the right to the use of his/her name, picture, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval, unless prohibited by law.
9. LIABILITY LIMITATIONS: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, stolen, garbled or non-delivered Entries, tweets, questions, Twitter messages or email; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, wireless provider, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Website or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether printing, typographical, human, mechanical, electronic or network or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors or problems that may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the announcement of the winners and/or prizes, the posting of questions or tweets, the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Entries or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information, or in any other Promotion-related materials. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Promotion, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified and all such Entries will be void. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, or programmed Entry methods will void all such Entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using such methods. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading materials from or use of the Website or Twitter.com. Should any portion of the Promotion be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Promotion, and in the event of termination, select the winners in a random drawing from all non-suspect, eligible Entries received prior to action taken. Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion, and assume no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized use of this Website.
IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTED MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. BINDING ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Promotion shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Wisconsin law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty (60) days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE PARTICIPANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS PROMOTION IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN SPONSOR’S PROMOTION, EACH PARTICIPANT AND PRIZE WINNER AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT OR PRIZE WINNER BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) PARTICIPANT AND PRIZE WINNER’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND PARTICIPANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY PARTICIPANT.
11. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: By participating, participants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Wisconsin without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Wisconsin, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. By participating, participants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
12. WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: #DisfrutaTuHogar Party #2 Promotion Winner’s List Request, P.O. Box 3000, Dept. 915-708, Young America, MN 55558-3000, for receipt by April 30, 2013.
SPONSOR: S. C. Johnson & Son, Inc., 1525 Howe St., Racine, WI 53403; Administrator: Young America Corporation, 717 Faxon Road, Norwood Young America, MN 55397.
Twitter is not a sponsor of or otherwise affiliated with this Promotion.
Visa and its member financial institutions have not sponsored or offered this promotion in any way. The Visa Gift Card is issued by MetaBank™, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc.